This is the second edition of my airport carry on and even though the last one wasn’t that long ago, I have decided to write a new one because of the following reasons:
1.I have a new carry on bag.
2. I have new products I bring with me.
- All Power Battery — my phone, even though it’s been less than a year since I’ve had it, drains quite quickly because of what I use it for (social media) so when I go on a long journey, I have to bring this battery with me. I’m happy though, because I bought it the day of Amazon Prime Day. I hope it just keeps working though! *knocks on wood*
- Vitin Shower Speaker — there is potentially no where for me to be able to use it, especially at an airport, but I would just like to bring it with me for safekeeping.
- Fuji Instax Mini 8 — also no potential of me using it, but just like the speakers, I prefer keeping it with me.
- iPod Gen 4 — this is such an older generation that I feel like I should just buy a new one. However, it has my life in it, so, I will keep holding onto it.
- Earphones — Don’t ask me why I have two pairs. However, I need them both.
- Surface Pro 3 + Cover — for obvious reasons, I bring this with me.
- A lot of chargers — cell phone charger, computer charger, speaker charger, battery connector, and iPod charger
Shall we move onto essentials?
- Sunglasses — since these are kind of expensive, I will definitely be bringing them around with me. Plus, they are also quite fragile so I wouldn’t be very comfortable packing it into my suitcase.
- Wallet(s) — of course I gotta bring my wallet!
- Comb — since I usually take red eye flights, my hair often becomes an absolute mess ball. Therefore, a wide tooth comb is great! Plus, much less fall out if I use a wide tooth comb.
- Glasses — I don’t wear my contacts on red eye flights. It gets too dry for me to bear however I typically do wear contacts to the airport, but only if my flight is early on in the night.
- Sleeping mask — I typically bring some sort of a hydration sheet mask with me. It helps my skin come off the plane a lot smoother.
- Deodorant — there are a lot of stinky people on the plane, and, often, I am running to catch my layover and I stink.
- Contacts — while I do not wear my contacts, I bring all my contacts in my carry on because I don’t want to lose them. If I lost them, I would be screwed.
And no, I do not bring make up with me on the flight. I have never needed make up when I got off the flight, and plus, I think it is just adding more weight to my shoulders. However, in my carry on suitcase, I may put my more expensive make up in.
- Kleenex — I typically bring snacks with me, so I will need something to wipe my hands with.
- Blotting paper — just because I don’t bring make up with me, it doesn’t mean I don’t use oil blotting paper.
- Notebook + Pen — for ideas on my blog. Sometimes I just have those epiphany moments.
- Instax Mini 8 Film + Photoalbum — I carry my most prized possessions with me and my photo album is definitely one of those. It hold all my memories of the past year.
- Key Chain — this may be useless, but the key chain holds all the charms that my boyfriend has gotten me over the years. It is very dear to me.
- Empty Water bottle — I totally forgot to photograph that but, I always recommend bringing an empty water bottle. Somehow water in airports are very expensive, so, you save a couple of bucks.
- Something to read — I don’t think I will be bringing a book with me on this trip because I probably won’t read it, however, I will be buying some magazines at the airport.
I hope this post was helpful. It may seem like I bring a lot of things, but in all honesty, they are the essentials of essentials. While I don’t want the summer to end, I am actually quite excited about packing.
I hope all have safe travels!
Don’t forget to SM:)LE today!
∞ sofieyah ∞