HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Sadly, by the time this blog post goes up it’ll already be way past January 1st, but regardless, I hope everyone has a great beginning to 2015 and may your year be filled with joy and happiness.
I was racking my brains to think of a good way to start the New Year and I just thought that it would be fun to answer some questions about myself. I might make it a tradition and see how much I’ve changed in a year. Anyway, enjoy!
1. What three U.S. cities would you want to move to with the job of your dreams?
New York City, San Francisco, and Boston.
2. What combination of fixings makes your perfect burrito?
Chicken, Lettuce, Salsa, a little bit of beans, white rice.
3. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
Love. Cheesy I know, but it’s true.
4. What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever given?
Short stories from my boyfriend.
5. Who is your role model or has had the biggest influence on your life?
There is no specific person. I could say my mother, but that would be a lie because she is not the only role model I look up to. My role model is anyone that I respect.
6. Do you have any nicknames?
Yes I do~
7. What’s one thing you wish you had known as a freshman in college?
Well, this is awkward seeing as I am a freshman in college…But I would say learning to be careful about expenses.
8. How many siblings do you have?
One younger sister.
9. Do you consider yourself a morning person or a night owl?
I would say both. I enjoy staying up late, but I have no difficulty to wake up in the morning either, if I really have to.
10. How long did it take you to start enjoying coffee?
I hate coffee, so never.
11. What do your parents do for a living?
They used to run their own shop.
12. What quality is your automatic “no fucking way” when pursuing a potential relationship?
Thinking that the world revolves around them. It doesn’t, so get over yourself.
13. What are two of your bucket list items?
Travel around the world with my best friend or my boyfriend/fiance/husband, and becoming CEO of a company.
14. Have you ever kept a New Year’s resolution?
I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions to begin with, so no.
15. Were you closer with your mom or your dad growing up?
Neither. I’m pretty distant from both my parents.
16. What is something you are financially saving up for currently?
17. Where is your happy space?
With my boyfriend.
18. What is your favorite article of clothing you own?
My Urban Outfitters Cardigan.
19. Do you have any specialty cooking dishes?
20. What is one job you could never do?
A cleaner of any sorts.
21. When is your birthday?
It’s in April, so let’s just leave it at that.
22. What is in your fridge right now?
23. What are you worse at than 90 percent of the population?
Having patience probably?
24. Do you believe in aliens?
Yes and no.
25. Do you think it’s the little things or grand gestures that count the most?
26. Have you ever been out of the country?
27. What fact about you surprises people the most?
That I get emotional and pissed off like other people.
28. What do you do for a living?
Nothing- yet. Full time college student.
29. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
Asked a guy out I only knew through Facebook.
30. What’s your ideal vacation?
Anywhere with my boyfriend is okay by me.
31. If you could live in any other U.S. city, which city would you live in?
New York City.
32. What was your favorite family vacation growing up?
We never really had time for family vacations..
33. Are you a big fan of any major pro sports team?
34. What was your favorite subject in school?
English. I love writing stories and such.
35. What are you better at than 90 percent of the population?
36. If you could travel back to any one point in time what would it be?
When I first knew of my current boyfriend’s existence…I would’ve tried to nurture that relationship earlier than I did. But at the same time, everything turned out alright so, I’m not really complaining.
37. What is the proudest moment or greatest achievement of your life so far?
This is also cheesy but probably maturing as a person.
38. How did you meet your best friend?
She and I were kind of assigned to greet the new girl and that’s what happened.
39. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
40. Salty snacks or desserts?
41. What is a family tradition your family has?
I know this might sound very materialistic but every year my family takes a trip to Portland OR for some tax free shopping. I really enjoy that day because it really forces me to have conversation with the entire family.
42. What do you think is the most important life lesson for someone to learn?
That some people will judge you based on what you say, wear, and the things you do, but all of that means nothing if you believe in yourself and trust yourself.
43. What was your favorite toy growing up?
When I was young, my sister and I were given a groom and bride Hello Kitty plush toy, and for the longest time, I always slept with it on my bed.
44. Who was your favorite teacher or professor?
I don’t know if I have a favourite. But I really enjoyed my AP Language teachers in 11th and 12th grade because they not only pushed me to my limits but were also very willing to help with the abundance of questions and concerns I had.
45. What is the best advice you’ve received?
Before college started, my mother said to me that if you get too close with a person, you get too invested and you end up getting hurt. It took me a long time to learn that, and it’s true. [Of course, she’s not saying to be distant from everyone but to be careful with how close you get to someone.]
46. What’s the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
The luckiest thing that has ever happened to me is love.
47. What do you feel people take for granted the most?
That they are very lucky than half the population on Earth and should always keep that in mind when whining about something.
48. What do you like the most about (insert city of residence)?
Since I reside in both Seattle and Northampton, I will say what I like about both.
Seattle wise, I really enjoy how easy it is to get places. At least within the city.
In Northampton, I love how small and cute it is. I also love the abundance of cafes.
49. What is the craziest scene or event you have ever witnessed?
When I was in my first high school in Australia, I had to wake up quite early to go to band practice that started an hour and a half before school. One day, I walked out of the train station and the place where I was at was covered in red/orange fog that was so thick it was hard to see where I was going. It was nuts.
50. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people aren’t conscious of other people and do things without thinking about others and how what they are doing impacts others.
51. What was the worst job you’ve ever had?
I’ve only had two jobs and I enjoyed them both. So none, yet.
52. What was the last book you read?
Sherlock Holmes vol. 1.
53. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Oh, this is a tough question. I started out as wanting to be an artist, and then a novelist. And then in my pre-teens/early teens, a fashion designer.
54. What was something that recently moved you?
My boyfriend’s Christmas card to me.
55. What skill or talent do you wish you had or were better at?
I wish I could write better. I’m very jealous of my sister’s writing skills.
56. If you just won $1 million, what would you do with it?
Save half of it and use it towards my college tuition, and then use the other half for a charity of sorts.
57. If you had a superpower what would it be?
I would want invisibility. There are times when I wish I could be invisible and not deal with people.
58. What are you passionate about?
MAKE UP! Duh! Lol. Also books, sleep, food, and travelling.
59. What is your favorite movie?
I have love hate relationship with this kind of question. I would say Mona Lisa Smile.
60. Are you a cat person, a dog person, both or neither?
61. What do you think is your greatest strength?
I think being able to comfort people.
62. What is the last vegetable you would ever want to be?
Probably eggplant, oinion, celery, asparagus.
Don’t forget to SM:)LE today!
∞ sofieyah ∞