I did my research and asked my roommate for advice. After going through the website, I stumbled upon the Twin Pocket Executive Satchel.
Now I know the real reason why I wanted it.
1. It had a shoulder pad. I needed one because my shoulder gets sore very easily so I knew I had to counteract that with a nice shoulder pad.
2. It had twin pockets. If you go on their website ( http://www.zatchels.com ) you see that the satchels they have mostly have a one smaller rectangular pocket. I am not a hug fan of that because I have a habit of losing the small things I put on the inside pockets.
3. It was big enough. Now I’m not an imperial system person but the 16 inch one sounded just big enough for my frame. (O course, I did measure using a ruler so it wasn’t like I was completely clueless.)
4. It had the word “executive” as part of the name. Do I found slightly superficial? I don’t know why that drew me in. I pride myself in being some sort of a leader so maybe that’s why I loved it so much.
When I got the parcel though, I was a little worried because the box had evidently been handled with very little care. It was smashed in places and was completely dented in the corner.
But when I opened it, it was absolutely beautiful. It was majestic.
1. The first thing that happened to me was that the detachable strap kept falling out for no apparent reason! It would just unclick out of no where even when I didn’t touch it! That really annoys me every time it’s happened (10+ times so far).
2. For such a big bag, the opening straps are unbearably thin. The ratio for the bag and the strap annoys me a little when I am trying to open the bag. But usually the only problem is just the time consuming moment of unbuckling it but, I knew what I signed up for so I cannot really complain about that a lot.
3. I think this problem is really because its a new bag. But the seams at the bottom of the bag is very protruded so if I am not wearing pants it really rubs against my thighs roughly. However it doesn’t get as bad as making me bleed. It’s just a slight annoyance.
4. For such a long bag, it also have very little depth. Now, I actually didn’t think about this until I recently got a new wallet which in itself is kind of think to begin with. But when I tried to put it into my full bag, it would make the bag bulge in a really awkward manner. I guess it’s just up to me to decide if I want to deal with it or not. But if you do plan on getting a similar satchel and you have a big laptop (I own a Surface so it’s not as big as other laptops out there anyway) just keep in mind that you might not have a tone of space left for much. (But of course it depends on what you are trying to put in the bag.)
This bag in general is just so impressive. Despite all the cons, I still use it consistently.
I know that ~$300 is a lot for a bag and believe me, I would never have spent the money if it wasn’t the influence. But I really do think that it is worth the time and the sweat of the price. It’s frickin’ beautiful!
Don’t forget to SM:)LE today!
∞ sofieyah ∞
P.S. This satchel is built for a man, so if you are a lady then do not be surprised at some of the dimensions!